I, like many with whom I’ve shared this topic, am fed up with the election situation.
Lets get it over with and move on! Fargo North (decoder) sent me this today and I’d like to share it with you:
I now live in a country where I have no president but I do have …
1) A dead Senator from Missouri is going to Congress.
2) A fake President is played on TV by Martin Sheen.
3) A new Senator from New York who used to be the wife of the boss of the man who may be president.
4) A Governor from Florida who is the brother of the man who may be president.
5) A sitting President whose wife now will be hanging around the same men who voted to remove him from office.
6) A senior Senator from South Carolina who, under our current Constitution rules, could be appointed to be President in this standoff despite the fact that he is 98.
7) A potential Vice President who, because he did not take his name off the Connecticut Senate race, could end up being the deciding factor in how the Senate is composed.
And finally ….
8) A state where a Republican Secretary of State and a Democratic Attorney General try to determine the outcome of 25 electoral votes without appearing to be partisan.
Frankly, I don’t see what the confusion is all about. Americans have always been known to embrace compromises. Possibly a simple compromise could resolve this election without all the pain and recriminations of a prolonged vote count dispute…………………
Bush can be president on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Gore can be president on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
And on Sundays, Lieberman can be president so Bush and Gore can go to church.
A final note…
No matter whom we get as the new president… There is one bright note…
We have only 44 days until America is rid of the pathetic embarrassment that currently occupies the White House…”
I do not agree with the last statement about Mr. Clinton. I personally like the man and think the country has fared well under his administration.
I myself cannot cast stones at his behavior, having had “Lust” in my heart on countless occasions. But I would like to see a speedy resolve to the current state of affairs.
That’s my opinion…what’s yours?